Become a Volunteer
The Georgia Conservancy relies on interns and long-term volunteers on a daily basis. Are you interested in bringing your unique set of skills to the Conservancy?
Please see the listings below for more information on specific internship and volunteer opportunities. Most internships at the Georgia Conservancy last three months but can be extended. Due to the high number of applicants, we cannot accept all those who apply.
Below are some opportunities to get involved during 2018:
For information on volunteering or applying for an internship, contact Renee Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEMBERSHIP VOLUNTEER - STARTS IMMEDIATELY
Assist Development Team with development and execution of social media-based Spring Membership Drive.
- Tasks will include monitoring progress, communicating with participants, assisting with promotion of Membership Drive.
- Assist with other general membership duties including, but not limited to, writing and mailing thank you letters, membership renewal letters and various other communications related to member-raising and fundraising, and performing general research and data analysis related to the performance of marketing and membership efforts.
- Assist staff with various tabling and outreach events.
DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH VOLUNTEER – STARTS IMMEDIATELY
Assist in identifying potential new funding sources for the Georgia Conservancy including corporate, foundation and government support.
- Work with Grants Manager to identify prospective funding sources.
- Organize reports detailing funding opportunities.
- Support general Development Team activities such as mailing campaigns, recognition efforts and member acquisition.
Next South / GENERATION GREEN VOLUNTEER – STARTS IMMEDIATELY
Assist in the preparation, execution and wrap-up of Generation Green’s Next South Conference.
- Work with Generation Green to help prepare Next South materials and support the solicitation of event sponsors and patrons.
- Participate in Next South planning meetings and strategy sessions.
- On the day of the event, assist Generation Green as an event coordinator.
- After the event, lead efforts to capture data, gather feedback and present a summary document on the success of the event.
- Attend weekly intern meeting.
Volunteer will work in the Georgia Conservancy office and at the Next South location.