Arabia Mountain Day Hike
Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
The Georgia Conservancy and Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve welcome you to join us on October 13 through this incredible DeKalb County preserve. Located just 20 miles east of Downtown Atlanta, Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve is a beautiful 2,500-acre park within the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area that features incredible granite rock outcroppings, wetlands, creeks, pine and oak forests and the remnants of the area's quarrying past.
- When: Saturday, October 13 // 8 AM - Noon
- Where: Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve // Nature Center // 3787 Klondike Road, Lithonia, GA 30038
- Tour Details: Guided hikes through the Preserve's forests, wetlands and rock outcroppings, including at hike to the top of Arabia Mountain.
- What to bring: Please bring lunch, water, snacks, appropriate hiking shoes (close toed), rain jacket, and a sense of adventure.
- Parking: Please park at the Nature Center office.
*All proceeds go to support the work of the Georgia Conservancy. Tour will include morning coffee from Cafe Campesino.
*Registration opens to Georgia Conservancy members at 5 PM on July 16 and to the General Public at 5 PM on July 18
Did you know? Georgia Conservancy members have the opportunity to register early for select Stewardship Trips, as well as receive a discount on a number of our adventures during the year. Become a Georgia Conservancy member today, or renew your membership to register on July 16! Already a member? Use your email provided promo code for early registration and to receive a discount (Live Oak Level and above) when registering for this trip.
The Georgia Conservancy's Stewardship Trips program is excited to offer our Day Trips for the third year in a row. Our Day Trips help to supplement and enhance our already robust statewide trips schedule and aims to highlight and acknowledge the diverse array of green spaces, natural resources, individuals and organizations that are putting metro Atlanta on the map for environmental stewardship and sustainable growth.
If you have any questions about our Stewardship Trips Program or about any upcoming trip, please contact Georgia Conservancy Stewardship Trips Director Laura Buckmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.