Events & Trips
- Event Calendar
- Stewardship Trips
- Oyster Roast
- Tight Lines
- The Grand
- Next South
- DIY Trips
- Heartland Rivers
Roast, Shuck, Eat, Repeat! On March 7, join the Georgia Conservancy on Whitemarsh Island in Savannah for our annual Oyster Roast. Bringing together more than 400 friendly-faces (both new and familiar) from across Georgia, the Oyster Roast is the Georgia Conservancy’s premier annual event to raise awareness and support for Coastal Georgia issues.
- Saturday, March 7, 2015 // 3 PM - 6 PM
- Captain Butler’s Retreat // 115 Penrose Drive // Whitemarsh Island, Savannah
The Oyster Roast features live local music, great local oysters and clams provided by Sapelo Sea Farms and steamed by Lowcountry Catering, a vegetarian low-country boil, local sausage, and beer from Atlanta's SweetWater Brewing Company. It is also family-friendly with hot dogs and activities for the young ones.
- $25 Georgia Conservancy Members
- $35 Non-members (includes 6-month membership)
"Very Important Shucker (VIS)" Patron
- $500 - includes: two VIS tickets plus champagne cruise to the event, two Oyster Roast t-shirts, two Oyster Roast cups, recognition at Oyster Roast and access to VIS tent area with special oyster roasting and beer coolers (with no line!)
If you have any questions about the 2015 Georgia Conservancy Oyster Roast, please contact Coastal Director Clay Mobley at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Georgia Conservancy Coastal Program|
Georgia's coast stretches for nearly 100 miles and features some of the nation's most pristine beaches, remote salt marshes and protected maritme forests. A string of barrier islands, some only accessible by boat, remain largely untouched, offering a sanctuary for migrating birds and a home to a number of endangered or threatened species.
Protecting our coast has been a priority of the Georgia Conservancy for more than 40 years. We maintain an office in historic downtown Savannah, headed by Coastal Director Clay Mobley, and are working on a range of projects to protect this precious natural resource.