- Event Calendar
- Stewardship Trips & Events
- DIY Trips
- Oyster Roast
- Good Urbanism
- Heartland Rivers
- Coastal Tour
- Tight Lines
- 2014 Calendar
Stewardship Trips & Events
The Georgia Conservancy offers exciting and affordable stewardship trips to the most spectacular parts of our state - from Cloudland Canyon in the north Georgia mountains to Cumberland Island on the coast.
In 2013, the Georgia Conservancy’s Stewardship Trip Program will:
- Lead over 1,500 people on trips and outdoor education experiences
- Visit 30-plus counties across Georgia
- Host more than 50 trips, service projects and special events
- Clear over 100 miles of trail and clean over 100 miles of river
- Remove three dumpsters of garbage from our Heartland Rivers
- Lead service weekends on Cumberland, Ossabaw and Sapelo islands
- Paddle the Altamaha, Chattahoochee, Flint, Ocmulgee, Ogeechee, Savannah and Sewannee rivers
- Explore the Okefenokee Swamp, kayak to Blackbeard Island, climb Cloudland Canyon, snorkel the Conasauga River and hike to the Len Foote Hike Inn for a service weekend
Since 1967, the Georgia Conservancy has been guiding trips across the state that showcase Georgia’s imperiled natural resources and provide the public with the opportunity to advocate for their protection. We use our network of partners and peers to provide public access to barrier islands, river systems and nature preserves that are normally inaccessible or off-limits to the public.
What started out as a half-dozen trips per year for a handful of Conservancy members has grown into a program that can serve hundreds of people each weekend, many from communities of color that have historically not been included in outdoor recreation opportunities.
Join us as we paddle the still, black waters of the Okefenokee Swamp. Come along as we snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Conasauga River. Take our service trips to Cumberland, Ossabaw and Sapelo islands and help maintain pristine beaches and forest trails.
Our stewardship trips are educational, too. Our expert guides offer their unique insight into an area's ecology, natural history and cultural heritage.
The majority of our trips are family friendly and designed to accommodate everyone, regardless of age or outdoor skill level. Please let us know if you have a special need or an impairment. We'll find a way to accommodate you.
Cohutta Camping Adventure
“Like” us on Facebook and check out all of our photos from past trips and events.